Although I have only been here one week, I am absolutely involve with the city & the university. I have met so many beautiful people. I won't bore you with a recap of the week because I've mostly been recovering from jet lag/getting acquainted with the city so I will begin from here on :)
Tuesday, February 9, 2011 is where I will begin. Tuesday night, I had some friends come back to my flat and then we met up to go to downtown Barcelona. We planned to go to a linguistic event BUTTT I have learned that you really shouldn't make too many plans here and just go with the flow of the day/night. Things always work better that way! We went to have some tapas (appetizers) and sangria with Bella, Julie, Andrea, Brenda, and Gaelle. The tapas place was very sophisticated & the waiter & the bartender kept joking with all of us especially Bella & I. After the tapas the other girls wanted to go home but Bella & I decided to continue on to see where the night would take us. I thought I forgot my card back at the tapas place so we returned to look but I ended up having it with me. The waiter & the bartender were about to close & so Bella & I made plans to walk our friends to the station & then meet up with them for drinks after. We took our friends to the metro & then returned to the cafe we were at. I guess the guys thought we were joking or something because the place was closed so we just walked a bit and we noticed some people chasing each other yelling stuff. We started yelling stuff to them as well & then we all ended up talking. They ended up being very cool irish folk! (Eoin, Eoin, Marion, & Marian) & They invited us to join them on their night out & so we did. We checked out several places but ended up chillin at Moog, a very obscure little bar which it was the only place which stayed open 'til late. Had a few jager shots & danced the night away :) We left around 5ish and got shouted at "YOU BITCHES" by creeper men walking around selling all sorts of goodies.
We walked back to our new friend's place which I might add, was very posh! Very kindly then let us stay with them since our flats were quite a bit away. In the morning we woke up around 12ish, got a little fixed up and then went out to meet Bella's Catalan friend, David. He was also a kindred spirit, with an amazing taste in music, which was one of the first topics of conversation. We ate burgers at a small pub & then explored Barcelona. We walked around the city, had some tea & went to a pretty cool music store. After that we went to Placa Catalunya & did a little shopping...bought some pretty cute stuff. Thank god for rebaixes (winter sales)!!! After much walking & several blisters later we called it a day & headed home. Stayyy tuned for my next tale <3
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment